Subject: Re: unable to format hard drive?
Date: 2004-02-26

J> My JBR20 has an 80 gig drive in it.
J> (...)

J> Any advice? (I don't have access currently to a linux box, just win2k or
J> MacOS X).
As much as I know Windows 2000 is unable to format drives exceeding a
certain capacity with FAT32. I had a similar problem with an imagetank
that has a 20 GB hard disk built-in - I couldn't format it using my
laptop with Windows 2000 on it. So I tried it again with the
imagetank connected to my desktop computer running Windows XP - there
it worked.

If you don't have access to a Windows XP machine you should try
Knoppix as Mike Holden stated in another message. Knoppix can be
booted completey from CD-ROM, no installation required. It should be
able to format your drive with FAT32.