Subject: Re: question about plugin api extension
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-02-26

> Suppose I wanted to add the playlist functions to the plugin api. All I
> needed to do was to change the plugin.h and plugin.c accordingly right?

Yes, and bump the version number, to avoid accidently running a Rockbox
version without your extra functions.

> Namely, including the pointers to the firmware functions inside the
> plugin struct...

> I was planning to adapt the Alpine MBus changer emu code to make a BMW
> IBUS cd changer emulator (but with real playback capabilities).

How different is the BMW stuff? I thought they use(d) Alpine, too...

> I was
> thinking of simulating the 6CD disc changer from BMW with 6 playlists at
> a fixed location as a starting point.

This is my approach also.

> Perhaps I will be able to simulate
> more CDs by reading successive key strokes from the radio...

I've given up on such complex schemes, too messy to use.

jetzt 3 Monate GRATIS + 3x DER SPIEGEL +++ +++