Subject: Re: wrong plugin?
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-02-27

> BTW, why isn't there a plugin that makes the initial disk image as well? I
> mean, why do we need to download your package to do the first step in the
> flash procedure?

There's no plugin, but you find the toolchain in the "flash" subdir in cvs.
The process is a bit involved, I'm saving this for the normal user. You'd
need to:
1) dump your original flash
2) use my "extract" tool to grab the Archos image from it
3) descramble the Archos image
4) UCL-pack it
5) compile the bootloader
6) scramble the bootloader (not for the ROMless)
7) have/prepare a template for the flash image, depends on platform and
ROMless or not
8) use my "make_firmware" tool to compose an image with bootloader, Archos
and Rockbox

Certainly I haven't tested above steps with all the firmware variants out
there. I prefer to release a tested image, instead of leaving this to
everbody's fate.
(You may as well call it lazyness.)

Jörg