Subject: Re: flash trouble
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-02-27

> then how precisely can i do that, is there a procedure with pictures on
> the net?

Very few people did the upgrade (including me). The chip is hard to get. I
had 5 samples and distributed the leftovers to other rockbox users, that's the
Best source is probably a broken Archos :(
You need SMT soldering skills and equipment to change the chip.
Best case you have equipment to program it before soldering it in, else you
need to do 2 more mods to program it in-circuit for the first time.

Here's a picture of my upgrade:
The chips I got are the 512kB version, twice the regular size. It never
hurts to have more resources...

Which model do you have? (FM, Recorder)

jetzt 3 Monate GRATIS + 3x DER SPIEGEL +++ +++