Subject: RE: Alpine CD Changer emulation?
From: Travis Whitehead (
Date: 2004-02-27

Thanks!, exactly what I was looking for. Not sure what external hardware you
are considering with your mods, but I intend to use an Atmel AVR '2300 chip
to couple pulses generated from a (real) jukebox wallbox to the RockBox (
would make a pretty nice UI don't you think? ). The '2300 is well suited to
bit banging and has a built in UART that should couple up to the RockBox
serial port quite nicely. I have only been exploring this for a few days now
and just got my first JBR ( V2 ) in the mail yesterday. In the past I have
interfaced wallboxes (made in 1950's and 1960's) to CD changers and to PC's
(winamp) so that side is done. I chose Archos solely because of RockBox and
this group. Great work guys!

Thanks again, Travis