Subject: Re: roadmap to blind Rockboxing (need an audio amateur/speaker)

Re: roadmap to blind Rockboxing (need an audio amateur/speaker)

From: Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:21:46 -0500

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:57:22 +0100 (MET), [IDC]Dragon wrote:
>> I'd gotten
>> a vbscript running that traversed the music file structure and spoke
>> the folder names using MS Agent characters (uses the L&H TTS engine);
>> it also generated the corresponding talkbox-format mp3 filenames for
>> each clip.
>>

>> I'd be happy to pass it on to anyone who wanted to develop it
>> further. I'd also be glad to do some more work on it if someone knows
>> of a suitable free (as in beer, but not necessarily open source) CLI-
>> driven audio capture program. It would be trivial to have the script
>> read the rockbox language files, as well.
>>

> Despairing on the script-ability, I'm interested in that script, yes. I
> just tried TextAloud, but it does not take command line arguments.
>
> Jörg

Forgot to mention that MP3DirectCut can be told to record from the command
line. Only problem is, I think that's all it can be told. It starts the
program and the recording process, but seems that one needs to manually
stop and save. I'm trying to find more CLI parameters, but not having any
luck.

Chris