From: Brian Wolven (brian.wolven_at_verizon.net)
Date: 2004-02-27

Björn Stenberg wrote:
> Steve R wrote:
>> I never liked this idea since it creates unnecessary traffic, so I used
>> to subscribe/unsubscribe around posting. However, the new listserver
>> allows you to set an option to stop mailing each post.
>
> Ah, indeed you can. I didn't know that. I agree it's a much better way.

Indeed. I had set up a filter to mark rockbox messages as read and send them
straight to the trash, as I prefer the newsgroup format, particularly while
I'm at work. I still got notices whenever a mail was received, however,
which was kind of annoying, and not tweakable with the filters. I've changed
my account settings on the list management site now, and life is good. It'll
be especially nice if I ever get to go on a vacation. =) Thanks for the
tip!