Subject: [OT] Good MP3 organization tool?
From: David Litchman (
Date: 2004-02-28

Does anyone know of a good utility for moving around and classifying large
numbers of MP3s? I have most of mine in a single directory, and I used
filenames for categorization. But now that I have the Archos I see that it
would be much better to have them sorted into subdirectories. I could do
it by hand pretty easily, my main concern is that I have a number of
playlists, and I wouldn't want to have to rebuild them from scratch once
all the files are moved. Is there a good utility that will help me
categorize my files into folders, and update pre-existing playlists on the
fly? Thanks!