Subject: Mp3 technical jargon
From: Nathan Gray (sanguination_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 2004-02-28

Lately on the list there has been quite a bit of traffic mentioning such
things as bit-swapping, playing from main memory versus from disk etc.

Now, I think it would be useful to me to learn what and how these things
work. Links to technical mp3 manipulation and/or programming language code
would be useful.

First, where's a good index of terminology some of you appear very
comfortable in using?
Second, what kind of data structure is used to bit-swap an mp3 from file
into main memory for playing from buffer rather than spin-up and read from
disc again?

Thanks,
Nathan