Subject: Re: CD Changer emulation?

Re: CD Changer emulation?

From: jobarjo <jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:21:02 +0100

I will use a pic 16f84a

the software is almost made: http://gnunilink.sourceforge.net

Controling the rockbox is easy. the standard remote control already sends
simple characters through the uart.
Retrieving the status from the archos is another problem.
Have to manage the half duplex protocol.

I propose that we use the same protocol.

the rockbox must be polled. it should not transmit is not required to.
we should keep the same standard control character of the remote control to
keep compatibility
then we can add some more control chars for our application:
- one for polling: the archos then transmit changes to be made to the status
controler (track pos, track number, track name, disc name. ...)
- some controls for folder changing (folder up,next,prev,down)
etc...