Subject: Re: question about plugin api extension

Re: question about plugin api extension

From: jobarjo <jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:33:45 +0100

we are some people wanting to use the rockbox as a cd changer emulation, or
to interface an external control and status hardware.

We could work together and contribute to make a cool api for status
retrieving.

Do you think the plugin is the best solution?
Personally, I would like the rockbox to be fully integrated. this means that
I would like the rockbox to be automatically powered on and off through the
head unit.
Can the plugin be automatically launched?

There is only a permanent power in the sony unilink.
It should be possible to make the rockbox power off by software.
but how is it possible to power it on? need a hardware mod? (I only have a
not flashable player not a recorder)