Subject: RE: Alpine CD Changer emulation?
From: Travis Whitehead (travis4_at_adelphia.net)
Date: 2004-02-29

Sorry for the delay, I have been away all weekend. The way I was planning to
do this is similar to the way I have interfaced to WinAmp on a PC, where I
add tracks to a blank playlist. This requires only one way communication as
WinAmp ( or RockBox ) will allow you to queue up additional tracks which it
will play until there are no more tracks to play. This operates just like a
"real" jukebox does. With my present implementation I pass the desired track
numbers to the device. For instance if I want to add track 87 I could pass
an ASCII 8 followed by an ASCII 7 with some additional characters to mark
the beginning and end of the message. Then I could pass a 4 and a 6 , etc
and just build up the playlist as selections are punched in at the wallbox.
If nothing is selected the music will stop.

I would think that this would work fine for a remote in a car as well. What
do you think??