Subject: Re: a solution for voice clips (talkbox/UI)
From: Matthias Wientapper (
Date: 2004-02-29

[IDC]Dragon wrote:

> The best speech is done by AT&T Natural Voices. I have no program which uses
> it, but there's an interactive web demo:

Hi Joerg,

amazing quality!

I did not manage to "abuse" that site because it makes heavy use of
java-script but I found another one that uses the "festival" software:

I used a little perl script and converted the stuff in english.lang via
wget to wav and mp3. I put them on

Maybe this is helpfull. Meanwhile I will get more into rockbox hacking ;-)

See you in H.

Premature optimization is the root of all evil. -- D.E. Knuth