Subject: Re: question about plugin api extension
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-03-02

> Why an own thread? seems a little complicated. The whole thing can be
> managed in a state machine way.
> Don't you think we can do everything with interrupts?

We should not do so. It is not safe to call API function from interrupts,
gives a terrible latency for other interrupts with lower priority, gives
stacksize problems, etc.

A thread which receives messages from the ISRs is the clean way. But even
with threads we have to be careful (I think), only call functions which are
reentrant or have been mutex-ed.

Jörg