Subject: Re: Battery issues (CONFIRMED!!!)
From: Neon John (
Date: 2004-03-02

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 10:36:17 -0500, "Lucas" <> wrote:

>I agree this would be the best approach, but some of us don't have 15 hours
>a day to spare ;) The new 2200 mhA should be providing at least 10-12 hours
>of playtime...that would take a very long time.

So do it as a recording and let it time itself. Start a recording of anything
- ambient sound, say. Let it run til it stops. The file length of the
recording will provide a pretty close indication of run time.

Second method - a little more accurate. Get a night light with a photocell
and a 120 volt operated clock. Hook the clock in series with the night light
so that it will run when there is dark. Lay the night light over the green
led on the Archos so that it shines on the photocell. Start the archos
playing and write down the time. Set the clock to the same time.

Come back later. The run time will be the difference between actual time and
the time indicated on the clock that starts running when the Archos quits.

I use this technique frequently to measure battery life. Any gadget that has
a pilot light will work.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN