Subject: Re: low-fi mp3s
From: John Donahue (
Date: 2004-03-02

John, I'm not sure if we're experiencing the exact same problem because I get the same high freq sound in vers. 2.0, 2.1, dailys, unflashed, as well as in arghcosWare, and pausing has no adverse effect.
Do you get the same sound problem in headphones?

During playback of these 11kHz mp3s I tried lowing the pitch (On+Down), just to see if the overtone would lower as well. I couldn't tell, but any speed below 88.3% sent it into a superfastforward playback - 12X!

Don't know if this helps either, but...
>From prelim data sheet MAS3587F:
"2.7.3. D/A Converters
A pair of Micronas’ unique multibit sigma-delta D/A converters is used to convert the audio data with high
linearity and a superior S/N. In order to attenuate high frequency noise caused by noise-shaping, internal
low-pass filters are included. They require additional
external capacitors between pins FILTR and OUTR,
and FILTL and OUTL respectively (see Section 4.7. on
page 81)."

>From that it sounds as if the filters might or might not be enabled on the jukebox. Can anyone verify this? Thanks

Join Excite! -