Subject: Re: Battery issues (CONFIRMED!!!)
From: Lucas (
Date: 2004-03-02

Thanks for this response. It's very helpful in terms of understanding the
funky battery readings I've been getting with rockbox. Maybe I can regain my
sanity now...

"Thomas Heuving" <> wrote in message
Lucas schrieb am Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:08:03 -0500:
> I did change the battery capacity to the correct setting (2200). Anyway,
> i've been running the rockbox firmware test with my old batteries and so
> they're holding up exceptionally well (85% after an hour and 30 minutes).
> Perhaps I am wrong...we'll have to see.

Different batteries give very different estimates. I've one set of
batteries where the estimated level goes down quite quickly, but
stay some 3 hours between 10 and 4%. Another set shows over 80% for
some four hours, but goes down afterwards quite rapid compared to
the first set. I've tested it and they give me roughly the same
performance despite these differences.

Thomas Heuving