Subject: Re: low-fi mp3s
From: Neon John (johngd_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 2004-03-03

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:27:59 -0500 (EST), "John Donahue"
<john.donahue_at_excite.com> wrote:

>John, I'm not sure if we're experiencing the exact same problem because I get the same high freq sound in vers. 2.0, 2.1, dailys, unflashed, as well as in arghcosWare, and pausing has no adverse effect.
>Do you get the same sound problem in headphones?

It's there but because the headphones are passive, without their own tone
controls, it isn't as pronounced as through the speakers.

I don't think this has anything to do with the analog part because it comes
and goes. When it comes or goes, the transition is abrupt, like a bit was
getting set or cleared.

Hasn't bothered me enough to go looking for the cause or even to complain
until I saw the previous message.

John

---
John De Armond