Subject: Play songs by tracknum
From: David Newhook (
Date: 2004-03-03

Hi there,

I'm new to the list but a longtime owner of an archos player 6000. I've
only got 4.5gb now thanks to an incident with the original drive during a
very wet hike on a glacier... :p

I just wanted to know if anyone knows how to, or would like to be able to,
play a directory of tunes sorted by artist, tracknum then title.

I haven't found a way to do this yet. I know this can be achieved with
playlists, but I haven't found a tool for compiling lists in the order I
want (any suggestions) and to be honest, I think generating all those
playlists for achieving a simple sort, would be overkill.

Or maybe everyone simply enjoys listening to their album tracks in
alphabetical order?

Suggestions on a postcard please...