Subject: Re: Play songs by tracknum
From: David Newhook (
Date: 2004-03-03

You're right Jorg, it's just my library was made a long time ago from my
entire record collection and I didn't configure musicmatch to put the
tracknumbers at the front of the filename. I never needed to as musicmatch
could sort by the tracknum in the id3 info tags.

I know rockbox can get at this information (when you browse the id3 tags).
How difficult would it be to sort by info in the ID3 tags? I imagine the
sorting works at the filesystem level (fat32) rather than reading the tag
information of the mp3s.

I imagine a module that scans the id3 tags of all the mp3s in a directory
and then plays them in order wouldn't be very fast/efficient.

Maybe a module that does the above and generates a playlist file for you?
Then you can just select the playlist. I think that would be cool!