Subject: Re: Play songs by tracknum
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-03-03

> I just wanted to know if anyone knows how to, or would like to be able to,
> play a directory of tunes sorted by artist, tracknum then title.
> I haven't found a way to do this yet. I know this can be achieved with
> playlists, but I haven't found a tool for compiling lists in the order I
> want (any suggestions) and to be honest, I think generating all those
> playlists for achieving a simple sort, would be overkill.

I think most people organize their folders as artist/album/tracks.

> Or maybe everyone simply enjoys listening to their album tracks in
> alphabetical order?

It's very common to have the tracknumber (as two digits) in the filename,
either at the beginning or preceded by the (constant) artist/album info, but in
any case before the title name. So alphabetical sorting gives the correct
order. I have rarely seen different, just the title name would be really

100% Virenerkennung nach Wildlist. Infos: