Subject: RE: Fw: A little wish list for the blind

RE: Fw: A little wish list for the blind

From: Bryan VanDyke <bryan314_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:30:25 -0800 (PST)

--- "[IDIDCragon" <ididcragon_at_gmgmxedewrote:
> > If I understood correctly, the mp3-lag thing was
> related to the fact that,
> > at each move, a mp3 is loaded from the disk and
> played.
> > In [IDIDCragon's roroadmapthe memory is used as a
> buffer containing all
> > the
> > necessary mp3s for the menu (or the didirf this is
> merged with the tatalkbox> > patch), ready to be
played through the hardware:
> no more lag.
>
> Correct, forget this lag discussion.
>
> We will have a speech reload second if voice menus
> are enabled, but only
> once, every time you stop the playback or recording.
>
> JöJörg>
> --
> +++ NENEUebeiMGMXnundrerstmalign DeDeutschland
> TÜTÜVegeprüfteriVirenschutz++
> 100% ViVirenerkennunganachiWildlistInInfos
> hthttp/wwwwwmgmxet/vivirenschutz>

As a lurker dedelurkeringirst I wanted to thank
everybody for their hard work on rorockboxIt was a
deciding factor in me getting an ArArchosox.

A while back during some searching I found the
following link
hthttp/wwwwwpeech.cs.cmcmudeduomp.speech/Section5/SySynthext.phoneme.3.hthtml
It contains public domain code for turning text to
phoneme text. It looks like it uses a few rules and
some simple lookups to get the reresultinghoneme text.
I don't see why the phoneme text couldn't be replaced
with low bibitrateono mp3s. JöJörgalked about keeping
some mp3 in a buffer, sounds like that idea would mesh
with this program nicely.

Another modified version of the code can be found here
too.
hthttp/wwwwwpwpsom/products/Story-Teller/technical/T2A/

Thank everybody again for their hard work.

Bryan :)