Subject: newbie having a little trouble getting off the ground
From: David H. Straayer (
Date: 2004-03-03

Just got my Archos Recorder Version 2 yesterday, and want/need
Rockbox for the Resume feature that is so important for
audiobook reading.

I downloaded and unpacked it to the
root of the drive. So far so good.

I turned the Archos off, and pressed "ON". The green LED cam on
for a couple hundred milliseconds, followed by the red. Then
they both went off. All lights off, apparent complete off state.

I pressed and held "ON" for about 4 seconds I get a progress bar
Archos Jukebox loader, 1.4, and after it is loaded I have a
screen which appears to be the native Archos native top-level

I do have a folder labeled "System Volume information", and when
I get into it, I get a couple of _restore... folders.

When I first got my unit, I was concerned that the prominent
"Version 2" in the name of the device might pose some glitches.
Is this so?

David H. Straayer