Subject: Re: Typical "HD error" problem, but in a wierd situation
From: Scrambler (
Date: 2004-03-04

I get a strange "HD Error" too, but it's when I charge
my battery from power-off, so I guess it uses the
built-in firmware charge. But once it seems to get to
full charge, the hard drive spins up and I get the "HD
Error". The drive just stays spinning with the message
on the screen. And I can hear a very faint high-pitch
squeeling noise, I don't think from the drive. Can't
get rid of it all until I pull the plug and hold the
stop button to shut it down.

Has anyone else had their jukebox freak out like this
once it's fully charged?

Is it better to load the RockBox firmware then keep it
at idle power while charging?

--- wrote:
> hello the list,
> - when i start the jukebox I get a "HD error"
> - my linux box isn't able to map the drive whereas
> Has someone an idea about why my jukebox is wasting
> my work and love life this
> times ?
> Of course, the batteries are fully charged
> Thanks for any idea
> MR.

Do you Yahoo!?