Subject: Re: prob with flashing
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-03-04

Jason Williams wrote:
> Let me ask a different question then - how confident are you that your daily
> build is stable?

The confidence varies, of course, depending on what changes have been
made. I'd say that they are generally more stable than 2.1, since a lot
of bugs have been fixed.

We have had (if I remember correctly) two cases since the start of the
project, where the daily build could actually trash your file system.
The second one was this february, where the (now reverted) ATA
optimizations turned out to be fatal on some systems.

I recommend that you install the daily build and run it as an ajz file
for a few days, and then flash it if you feel confident. And of course
follow the discussions on this list.

Regardless of which firmware you run, you should still keep a backup of
the hard drive. You may very well drop the jukebox, damaging the hard
drive physically.

Linus