Subject: Re: Playlist problems
From: Hardeep Sidhu (hardeeps_at_pobox.com)
Date: 2004-03-04

Lucas wrote:

>Perfect. Thank you. I should have thought of that...

It's only briefly mentioned in the user manual so I'm sure most people
are not aware of it.

BTW, I forgot to mention something about the scenario you described:

>So I've run into some functional problems with the way the playlist
>currently works and I was wondering if there is a way around this. My issue
>is the following: Whenever I start to play a song, all the songs in the
>directory are included in the playlist. That's acceptable. However, If I
>want to include new songs in the playlist, I can browse to another song, add
>it to "insert next" and that's great too (adding song b). But if I want to
>add another song RIGHT AFTER that one, but before the songs that were in the
>original directory, I find that is impossible. Rather, insert next will
>insert the song between the song that is playing (song A) and the song that
>I orignally inserted as next (song b).

If you had used the "Insert" option instead of "Insert next" in the
scenario above, the tracks would have been inserted as you wanted. This
is useful for people who do want to continue playing the directory once
the inserted tracks are completed. Tim Elliott has provided an example
of how the insert functions work at:
http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-08/0321.shtml.

-Hardeep