Subject: Re: "Wrong plugin" message on attempt to run firmware_flash.rock
From: David H. Straayer (mail_at_dhstraayer.com)
Date: 2004-03-05

Scott wrote: "anyway, the answer to your question is simple: download a
daily build, and flash using that (or wait until next week when 2.2 comes
out, although there won't be many changes that could effect > flashing).

Ah Ha! I had (foolishly) assumed that the "release" build would be more
likely to work than the daily build. Foolish me. :-)

The daily build version worked just fine.

Do I understand correctly that what I flashed is the 2.1 and not the daily
build, since I was using older firmware...bin files?

So when I power up, I think I have an older boot loader, but it will be

If I removed the .ajz from the disk, it would then be using the 2.2 build,
yes?

And if I chorded with (F1?) on bootup, I'd get the original Archos FW?

Ah well, I'll figure it all out soon enough, I suppose.

Where can I find some reference to that "Bookmark" feature? I presume that
it involves multiple "resume" states.

David H. Straayer
Unofficial MP3/CD Audiobook Gadfly