Subject: Re: Another possible candidate for expansion of Rockbox?
From: Joseph Jones (
Date: 2004-03-05

Kevin Jones wrote:
> How is the archos units better than ipods, I can't use them either so I
> don't know, but I have several friends who love their macs and they also
> love their ipods.

Well for one thing, it's cheaper (by a long way), and has most of the
same functions, and you can upgrade the HDD to any 2.5" drive. The iPod
has it's own horrid internal batteries and PCMCIA HDDs (why they're so
thin) that cost more than the actual iPod itself.

I would say iPod's redeeming features are Firewire and ucLinux being
able to run on it (to some extent).