Subject: Re: Best settings for line out to car adapter or cassette/fm transmit ter.. (need less bass etc)
From: Chris Holt (
Date: 2004-03-05

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:45:21 -0500, Chris Jernigan wrote:
> I have noticed that my recorder v2 has sound settings that are FINE for
> headphones.. But I put it in the car via an fm transmitter, etc.. and
> the bass is overwhelming.. I have adjusted it some, and I can save that
> as a cfg file.. But is there any other method?
> Can anyone recommended ideal setting (bass, boost, loudness) for most
> car listening? Via the out jack to a cassette or fm transmitter unit?
> Perhaps someone could make an adapter mode that would automatically set
> the bass etc to the best setting for line out to the car adapter..

I personally set everything to zero or flat or whatever. I then adjust
sound settings using the controls on the vehicle's head unit. This
applies to when I connect to a home receiver as well.

If you have to make large adjustments to get the headphones to sound good,
you might want to consider an investment in some with better response. I
rarely feel the need to make any adjustments to the sound settings when
using my Koss Portapros or Sportapros, or the Sony MDR-EX70 plugs. (all of
which are under $50 US)