Subject: Re: Another possible candidate for expansion of Rockbox?
From: scott (
Date: 2004-03-05

--- "eD\\/ARd0 F/\\KEn^M3" <> wrote:
> > analogous to saying that a redeeming feature of your dog is that he's
> > willing to let you cover him in lard. Okay, so how does that improve
> > the dog?
> If it let's me re-program the dog to stop shitting in the living room and
> get me a beer, I'm all for it. Maybe getting Linux on an Ipod let's you use
> it as a book reader or let's you play monochrome doom or other stuff someone
> might want. The bottom line is that Apple no longer dictates the features. I
> believe it's ALWAYS better to have an open OS. It's about freedom.

IIRC ipod linux is incapable of playing mp3s, for the same reason we can't support new codecs. the
audio processor requires you to buy xx,000 units to get programming docs. because of this, ipod
linux probably won't be the better alternative to the original firmware for a while (exactly
opposite to archos and rockbox).

Do you Yahoo!?