Subject: re: microphone amplifier
From: Banzaitron I (
Date: 2004-03-09

> In case some of you are still looking for a
> microphone amplifier, go to this link:
> Haven´t ordered it yet, but I think this probably is

> something helpful.
> Jan

I purchased the amplifier mentioned. It seems to work
OK but I have run into a couple of problems and I'm
not sure if it's the archos or the mic amplifier or
the rockboxx firmware (using version 2.1). First, the
mic I have is a stereo mic, but I'm only getting one
channel (left) on the archos. Yes, I have set to
line-in and stereo mode in the recording settings.
The other problem I have is that the recording is just
too quiet! Why am I only able to increase the gain to
19.2 in line-in mode? In microphone mode, I am able
to go up to around 40.

Has anyone else tried this amp with success? If not,
can anyone recommend a good one or a microphone that
works well?

Do you Yahoo!?