Subject: Re: Chinese Language Support

Re: Chinese Language Support

From: Greg Haerr <greg_at_censoft.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 23:32:36 -0700

: With regard to font size, the trick is to turn the
: that area of memory into a font cache.

Yes, I've looked at that code, it requires a
changed binary .fnt file, which is no problem
since we've got version numbers in the header.

The basic idea was to reorder the binary .fnt
file such that rockbox could seek once within
the disk-based font file to grab all related
bits of information required for each glyph, which
would then be internally cached.

If this patch catches on, I'll incorporate this
into the bdf file converter so any very large
bdf font can be used by rockbox.

Regards,

Greg