Subject: Re: what happened to the fast startup from flash?
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-03-09

Linus wrote:
> This is probably my fault. I corrected a bug that caused it to spin down
> too early (because some hard drives has a default STANDBY time of 30s).
> My code disables (or is supposed to disable) the STANDBY timer, but it
> obviously doesn't work as intended. I'll start working on this ASAP.

For my local build, I took the ata_standby(0) out. This gets rid of the
spindown at startup. But the speed is still not what it used to be, there must be
more. Mine now resumes in about 7.5 seconds.

Remember this one:
http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/flash/rockbox_flash_boot.avi

Maybe I'll do some test code for the init, to log the time of the
initialization steps.

Jörg