Subject: re: microphone amplifier
Date: 2004-03-09

I think the item in the link you gave is just a power supply, not an
amplifier. Electret mics require a bias voltage of about 9 volts and a
unit in this price range would probably supply just that.

To get gain and bias voltage, look at products from Sound Professionals or
Microphone Madness. Be prepared for "sticker shock"