Subject: Re: Another possible candidate for expansion of Rockbox?

Re: Another possible candidate for expansion of Rockbox?

From: eD\\/ARd0 F/\\KEn^M3 <cojonesdetoro_at_badeddie.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 10:22:05 -0500

> eD\/ARd0 F/\KEn^M3 wrote:
>
> > I believe it's ALWAYS better to have an open OS.
>
> After 20+ years in the embedded systems arena, I'll have to disagree.
> The finest real-time OSs available are proprietary, closed source
> products.

My experience with embedded systems is almost zero so I don't have the nerve
to disagree with you but I would be curious to know your thoughts on ITRON

http://www.linuxinsider.com/perl/story/31855.html

It's probably the most widely used OS in the world and it's open source.
BTW, this article does support your argument about Linux versions a 'REAL'
RTOS.