Subject: Re: Another possible candidate for expansion of Rockbox?

Re: Another possible candidate for expansion of Rockbox?

From: Fred Maxwell <rockbox_at_anti-spam.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 11:27:08 -0500

Neon John wrote:
> [pardon my one-time excursion off-charter]

Yeah, right. The only time ever. Whatever you say.

> On one hand we have Fred, someone who apparently gets his jollys ball-bustin'
> on a wide variety of off-topic and off-charter subjects. On the other hand we
> have that article plus all the companies who have had great success with
> embedded Linux.... Who would you believe?

I'd believe the article from LinuxInsider, which supports what I said.
   It quotes ITRON developer Steve Searle, who says "TRON is an RTOS;
Linux isn't." Mr. Searle goes on to say "RTLinux switches tasks in
milliseconds, while ITRON switches tasks in microseconds," and "RTLinux'
footprint is measured in megabytes; ITRON is measured in kilobytes." So
we have an article in a magazine called LinuxInsider which supports what
I wrote re. Linux as an RTOS on the iPod.

But perhaps you need to pull your head out into the light so that you
can read the article.

Regards,
   Fred Maxwell