Subject: Re: Remote control
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2004-03-09

At 17:28 09/03/04, you wrote:
> > I have a remote, and since the battery died recently (because the buttons
> > get held down when it is in the pouch) I have noticed how annoying it is to
> > not have it ...but yes, it looks nice in the pictures, but it is just a bit
> > of silver plastic and nothing to write home about.
>I never got my remote control working at all. It works for about some
>minutes but then suddenly it stops completely. No matter what
>button I press it is completely dead. Only if I pull the jack and put it
>back then it works again for another time slice of some
>minutes. I already reported this here in the list and at least one person
>mentioned the same experience.
>Anybody who has a suspicion what could be the reason and how this could be
>Jürgen Hestermann

My suspicion is that the chip in the remote is jamming for some reason.

take thin card and cover both sides with tin foil
attach a wire to each bit of tin foil
insert next to battery
touch wires together to complete circuit
when remote crashes - break and remake the contact briefly

if that works you can install a micro-switch in the remote as a reset button

it's a bodge, yes, but if it works and you will enjoy the project, then it
is a fun solution.

either way, it will isolate if the problem is with the remote of the jukebox :)