Subject: Re: Remote control
From: Glenn Ervin at Home (
Date: 2004-03-10

How difficult does anybody here think it would be to use one of the Braille
note taker devices as a remote?
They always have a serial port, and some have a parallel port, and some
newer ones have USB or Inferred for ports.
We can change all of the port settings on these devices.
And how would I go about testing this?
I do have a serial cord with an end that looks like an eighth inch male jack
which came with a digital camera.
Perhaps this would work?
>From what I have noticed on the list, I think that it is possible to use one
of the eighth inch females on the JBR as a serial line-in, is this right?