Subject: Re: re: microphone amplifier

Re: re: microphone amplifier

From: Paul Barrette <barrette_at_istop.com>
Date: 09 Mar 2004 20:36:47 -0500

Hi,
I bought these two from ebay:
SCM-PRE preamp and SCM-Hammerhead mic

They are made by a canadian company in BC and work quite well, but I
can't remember the company's name. Do a search on ebay and you will
find it.

BTW I emailed Jon and made a good deal without the ebay hassle.

  The preamp is also a battery box. I record at about 6-8 gain and get
recordings loud enough to hear the pick on the strings.

Pb

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 03:59, John ten Velde wrote:
> It looks to me that this amplifier is a mono one, so it will only work with one channel (the one connected to the "tip" of the 3.5mm plug).
>

> John
>

> > From: Banzaitron I <leptonhead_at_yahoo.com>
> > Date: 2004/03/09 Tue PM 12:22:21 GMT+13:00
> > To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
> > Subject: re: microphone amplifier
> >
> > > In case some of you are still looking for a
> > > microphone amplifier, go to this link:
> > >
> > http://andreaelectronics.com/Buy/ProductDesc/APS100.htm>
> >

> > > HavenĀ“t ordered it yet, but I think this probably is
> >
> > > something helpful.
> > >
> > > Jan
> >
> > I purchased the amplifier mentioned. It seems to work
> > OK but I have run into a couple of problems and I'm
> > not sure if it's the archos or the mic amplifier or
> > the rockboxx firmware (using version 2.1). First, the
> > mic I have is a stereo mic, but I'm only getting one
> > channel (left) on the archos. Yes, I have set to
> > line-in and stereo mode in the recording settings.
> > The other problem I have is that the recording is just
> > too quiet! Why am I only able to increase the gain to
> > 19.2 in line-in mode? In microphone mode, I am able
> > to go up to around 40.
> >
> > Has anyone else tried this amp with success? If not,
> > can anyone recommend a good one or a microphone that
> > works well?

Paul Barrette
barrette_at_istop.com