Subject: Re: Remote control
From: George Styles (
Date: 2004-03-10

Strange but true... my opinion of the Archos build quality went up the other
day when I dropped it down a toilet... i was standing by the toilet, when
the Archos slipped out of my pocket, and landed in the bowl :(

Luckly, the rubber grips stopped more than the corner from getting wet, so I
disassembled and carefully dried with a hairdryer.

The keypad failed for a bit (must be because it uses the resistance of an
input to measure which key), but now all is back to normal...

I shudder to think what would have happened if I dropped my PocketPC down

ps. It was a clean loo - i was 'fortunate' enough for this to happen before
it got polluted :)