Subject: Re: 8Mb chip
From: David Litchman (
Date: 2004-03-11

At 07:53 PM 3/10/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks dude! 15 to 30% more run time does not make it worth it for me. You
>would think that 6 megs additional ram would greatly increase the run time

Regardless of how much total RAM is available, the same amount of data
still needs to be loaded to play any particular song. What additional RAM
does is allow more data to be loaded at one time, so all you're really
saving on is the extra spin up times which the smaller amount of RAM
requires. Also, and I'm not sure of the impact it has, but more RAM
requires more power to keep refreshed.