Subject: re: microphone amplifier: other combinations
From: Jörg C. Pochmann (
Date: 2004-03-11

why don't you try the Mic/Amp combination offered by Archos and sold by
for EUR 27,95 with shipping included, at least in germany :-)
By the way, is anyone interested in hosting some fotos of the inner parts of the

It has a transistor based stereo-amplifier and a gain-trimmer. Unfortunately it has no
power-switch and inserting the battery is not really easy. Don't know how long it lasts.
But for this price it does its job very well and loud.

I have tested some other combinations, like
2) Vivanco 216
3) Sony ECM-121
4) Soundman(.de) OKM professional Head Microphone (in-ear) with Adapter A3

2+3 only have battery-boxes and no amplification. I would not recommend buying them
for the recorder.

4) is nice for unobstrusive live-recordings, but you shouldn't have a cough, cause you
should wear the mics it in your ears. These are traded on for about 130 Euros.

And, because its said not often enough:
thank you for making rockbox!