Subject: Re: 2.2 documentation
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-03-11

> > Booh, what a pity. But I understand if you consider it too last-minute.
>
> Yes. This change could break the ata code for units with the drive
> configured as slave. That risk is not worth 2 second startup time. Not in
a stable
> release.

In my posting I forgot to mention that I configured my disk to slave to test
this.
And I did cross-tests, with the reset to each absent drive (in case the
device setting should matter). Didn't make a difference, worked well in all
cases. But certainly I can't speak for _all_ slave disks that might be out there.

> > Is the reverse assumption true, that we can from now on commit post-2.2
> > code?
>
> Yes. 2.2 is frozen, packed and tagged.

OK, I'm facing some work for talkbox and the voice UI then. ;-)

Jörg