Subject: Re: New version of GUI converter tool out
From: John Wunder (
Date: 2004-03-11

> Is it possible in future to choose the bitrate of mp3 song?

Yeah, it should be. I had planned on using --presest standard
just until I got it working then making a choice, but I forgot.
It should be fairly easy to implement: I'll do a textbox with
--preset standard in there default and if you want anything else
you can type whichever preset/command lines you want. Oh, I
also plan on doing batch conversions. Both updates hopefully
will be easy.

> How is this resizing working? I just need AviSynth installed somewhere,
> and
> it will use it?
> I have AviSynth installed, tried to convert an arbitrary .avi (not
> 112*64,
> compressed). The .rvf had garbage video then. What kind of input is
> required?

Huh. It works fine for me wherever I put the converter...maybe
you have to install AVISynth to the default directory? I have
an idea...try making your own script and running the converter
on that. If it works, then I have a problem in my program...
if it doesn't, then I don't know. Are .avs files being recognized
as AVISynth files? I'm guessing that if the shell doesn't know
they're AVISynth it won't work.

AviSource("**path**") // which I get from the program
LanczosResize(112, 64)

I'm not sure. Is it working for anyone else besides me?