Subject: Re: Equalising "Problem"
From: Brian Wolven (
Date: 2004-03-12

Jeroen Verbeeck wrote:

> Just to put it in simple words, the sound gets recorded flat (no EQ)
> but at play-back it does get the EQ causing to overload some (most)
> frequencies,
> this will result in everything to sound f*cked-up => not a good thing.
> I just need a solution for this ...

Unless I'm missing your point here, it sounds as if you just need to
make a 'flat' configuration file that you can use when playing back
these recordings. I use 'flat' settings (no loudness, bass or treble
enhancements) when playing the recorder through an external system
(home, car, etc.) and then have 'default' settings that are good for my
headphones. Have you used rockbox configuration files like this already,
or am I perhaps missing your point also?