Subject: Re: V2.2 firmware where?
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-03-12

> Now that the 2.2 software is out, will the flash v2.2 be out soon?

I will update the package, yes. At most to get rid of that dreadful
"incompatible version" message which caused so much confusion.

To the people who have flashed already, the pack doesn't matter any more,
they can just play the .ucl of their choice, let it be v2.2 or a daily build. I
recommend the daily build, it containes a fix to speedup the boot time which
came too late to make it into v2.2.

> I also discovered that to restore the original firmware, that you need
> to rename the backup .bin file to match your recorder, and not necessarily
> "firmware_rec.bin". (Mine was firmware_v2.bin.)

Yes, it has to match your model. On purpose I gave it different names, to
let you think again before you pick a file for a wrong model. Are the docs not
up to date here?

Jörg