Subject: Re: neo 35
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-03-12

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, scott wrote:

> the neo 35 is in the warnings table on the daily builds page, but doesn't
> actually appear to be available for download anywhere. should it be? i don't
> have a neo, but i've been curious about why it's in the warnings table for a
> while.

The Neo 35 is in the table because:

We've made code adjustments to allow Rockbox to get built for Neo 35. We just
haven't made all necessary fixes for it to run properly (yet).

Thus, since it is in the table we make sure that Rockbox continues to build
for Neo and we keep getting reminded about the stick lacking little pieaces of
code that we need for the Neo platform.

All the necessary code we need to add can be figured out from the "Open Neo"
code base, as that is a Rockbox fork made to run on the Neo players.

We welcome any Neo users to plunge in and get this sorted so that we can get
Rockbox used on Neo players too. Those Open Neo guys ruined many things (IMHO)
so I think many Neo users will enjoy using The Real Thing to get a better
experience.