Subject: AW: Equalising "Problem"
From: perterm (
Date: 2004-03-12

> Von: Jeroen Verbeeck
> Hi,
> Well, I just received my Behringer UB802 mixing board with the mail.
> I use it to power my mic's and mix in other things, but I have a problem.
> On the board, I set all the knobs so it sounds good, tough headphones and
> monitors it sounds good.
> An when I record it with my archos Jukebox Recorder, it still sounds good
> when plugging my headphones into the recorder. This is probably cose the
> sound isn't equalised by the archos when recording.
> The problem occurs when I play the recorded file, becose the
> sound will get
> equalised by the preset in the archos (but also on the pc and my
> stereo cose
> they all have an equaliser)
> How can I undo this, how do I make it sound like when the sound
> was recorded
> ?

Do you have an equalizer between your mixer and your monitor / headphone?
You should use one to compensate your hearing habits. Build a signal chain

cd player -> equalizer -> monitor / headphone

Play some of your favourite cds and adjust your eq so that you like the
sound. When you mix things with your console make sure that you always
listen through your eq and do not feed the console signal directly to your

console -> eq -> monitor / headphone

Strictly separate the functions of the console and the eq. Use the console
to edit the source and the equalizer to compensate your hearing preferences.

The real 'trick' is to know your equipment.