Subject: Re: ATA error: -1
From: a f (archos_fan_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 2004-03-12

I just experienced the same problem with my Archos
Jukebox Recorder 20 equipped with 2200 batteries. It
didn't seem to be charging. When I turned on the unit
without the AC plugged in and held the ON button, it
would boot up to the Rockbox screen, then plugging in
the AC, I would get the ATA error -1 message followed
by debug screen.

Taking the discharged batteries out, charging them
externally, and reinstalling them seems to have done
the trick. The frustrating part was the new discharged
batteries wouldn't take a charge in the Archos with
its AC adapter plugged in. I think having the "Deep
Discharge" setting. I've turned off deep discharge and
turned on trickle charge.