Subject: Re: uclpack problem
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-03-13

> Today I follow the steps in the documentation and try to build the
> official 2.2 rockbox to a ucl file. But the rockbox.ucl file I got is
about 170k
> while the official rockbox.ucl file is only 107k. I flashed using my
build
> anyway. No error in the whole process. But the jukebox couldn't boot up.
> So I have to flash back using "archos_v2_140a.ucl"

Do you know that uclpack is called by the make? So if you compile and have
uclpack in the path (I placed it next to the SH compiler), you get a .ucl
automagically, together with the .ajz.

> What I do is just use the two commands under a command window:
> "descramble ajbrec.ajz rockbox.bin"
> "uclpack --2e --best rockbox.bin rockbox.ucl"

Looks perfect. What's the size of your "rockbox.bin" then? It should be a
few bytes shorter than the .ajz.
If you have a V2 recorder, you should descramble with the -v2 option. This
is most likely the problem here.

Jörg